Please select a project to view gallery
- Terra at Piney Point Renovation Project – Houston, TX
- Key features of the renovation included all new interior finishes; frame-less commercial glass doors, a modern coffee bar, outdoor entertainment area, cyber cafe and state of the art fitness facility.
- La Posada Del Rey Apartments, San Antonio, Texas
- Renovation of the property was interior and exterior . Built in the 1960’s La Posada Del Rey had seen better times when Gemstar was brought in on the front end to walk the property with the non-profit developer National Community Renaissance (National CORE) who had a vision to re-invent the affordable housing project on San Antonio’s south side. From their initial inspection, preliminary budgets were developed, then fleshed out with detailed plans and specifications provided by Michael Gaertner Architects. Start-to-finish, the construction schedule is less than one year and includes an impressive new Leasing Office and Amenities Center in the Mission architectural style that complements its surroundings.
- The funding and oversight of this project involved not only the developer and architect, but also tax credit investors, The Department of Housing and Urban Development (H.U.D.); and The San Antonio Housing Authority (S.A.H.A.)- each having its own demanding compliance paperwork. Gemstar navigates it all with expertise and efficiency.
- Woodchase Apartments, Houston, Texas
- Fire Restoration in excess of $4 Million dollars. When Gemstar was called to respond to this emergency crews were on dispatched immediately. Over the next few days, Gemstar Crews worked tirelessly to secure the area, restore critical utilities to the surrounding buildings and help return the rest of the property to normal operation.
- The entire project was returned to the Owner in better than pre-loss condition in less than a year.
- Sunflower Terrace Apartments, Houston, Texas-
- Another complete interior/exterior renovation for National Community Renaissance (National CORE) with architectural services provided by Michael Gaertner Architects, Sunflower Terrace Apartments resembled a prison more than a home before the renovations. Grey stucco walls and squalid interiors offered little hope for those resigned to live there. Gemstar Construction was chosen to bring National CORE ‘s vision to life. Extensive exterior and interior repairs and upgrades brought this community from hopelessness to a place people are now proud to call home.